I recently returned from an eye-opening journey in India where I visited incredible locations, ate spicy and flavorful food, and learned about the fascinating culture. Everything from the smells to the sounds to the taste of Indian food was so different from the United States, and it was an incredible place to visit and experience firsthand. These are some of the pictures I took along the way…
All posts tagged McDonalds
Posted by Lauren on January 11, 2012
Potatoes are food that I will never be able to give up. No matter how hard I try, they always find their way back into my life. However, after watching Supersize Me, I have had a hard time saying ‘yes’ to McDonald’s french fries. So when I need my french fry fix, this recipe comes in handy like no other. To bump the taste of the fries up a notch (or 3), simply add sea salt and truffle oil for a world of change.
You will need:
Oil (Peanut oil works well)
How to make:
1. Peel and slice the potatoes into thin or thick slices (your preference).
2. Soak your potato slices in ice-cold water for 1 hour.
3. Heat oil (I used peanut oil) until it reaches 325°.
4. Drain and divide your potato slices into 3 batches – you don’t want to dump all of the slices into the hot oil at once because that will cool the oil down.
5. Dunk your potato slices into the hot oil until they turn a golden color. If you’re like me, you might be afraid of hot oil splashing up. This came in handy.
6. Once the first batch is golden, place in a bowl. Repeat with the other two batches.
7. After the 3 batches are finished, heat your oil up to 375° and repeat the process.
8. Let the fries cool down in a big bowl lined with paper towels. Drizzle truffle oil over them and top with sea salt.
Posted by Lauren on November 8, 2011